Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, Thursday, March 31st, 2022
The Victoria Symphony (VS) is seeking a part-time Sponsorship Officer to join its dynamic and hardworking team operating the largest performing arts organization on Vancouver Island. Reporting to the Director of Development (DD), the Sponsorship Officer will contribute to an overall goal of raising $1 million+ in individual, corporate giving and special events revenue. Specifically the Sponsorship Officer is responsible for the portfolio of corporate sponsors. This position reports to the Director of Development in support of the mission of the Victoria Symphony Society.
The Sponsorship Officer is a results-oriented professional with a proven track record of corporate and community sponsorship. The Sponsorship Officer enjoys working independently in a fast-paced environment and contributes to a friendly, inclusive work culture.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Achieve sponsorship targets as defined on an annual basis.
- Develop and manage the day-to-day activities associated with the sponsorship portfolio, which includes approximately 40 active accounts and 20 prospects
- Grow new sponsors and steward existing sponsors
- Undertake written proposal creation, negotiations and presentations with corporations and partners
- Ensure processes are followed and data is kept with accuracy, and in a timely manner through the use of Tessitura software
- Fulfill the sponsor agreements, ensuring delivery of agreement obligations of the VS and benefits to the sponsor
- Initiate and organize annual agreement stewardship meetings with sponsors and partners to review benefits and expectations for renewal
- Work closely with the marketing department on sponsor fulfillment activities that integrate with advertising plans and communications activities
- Attend all staff and department meetings as required
- Other special projects as assigned
- Minimum three years’ experience in sponsorship
- Experience in sales/marketing and delivering to targets
- A University degree or college diploma in a related field
- History of developing and building successful relationships with a variety of individuals
- High level of initiative, independence and creative ability to achieve financial and non-financial objectives
- A positive team player: cooperative, creative, politically astute, and inspires confidence when working with VS staff or representing the Symphony, including a service attitude toward sponsors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional and friendly demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with people/sponsors
- Excellent English in both written and verbal communications
- Good computer skills and a knowledge of Tessitura or comparable fundraising system
- Flexible working hours, including some evenings and weekends, for special events is required
- Use of a vehicle is an asset
- Knowledge of classical music and/or a passion for the arts is an asset
- Knowledge of businesses and the arts organizations in Victoria area is an asset
This posting will remain open until March 31 2022. Applications will be reviewed, and interviews scheduled, as they are received. Only prospective candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume, including three professional references in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; Canadian citizenship/permanent residency is required.
The Victoria Symphony hires based on merit and is committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applications from women, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
This is a six-month part-time contract position of 18 hours per week, with the possibility of extension, with a salary range of $33,000 – $36,000, negotiable commensurate with experience.