Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, Thursday, March 31st, 2022
The Communications Coordinator (CC) is responsible for maintaining & updating the Victoria Symphony (VS) website and social media platforms, executing digital advertising campaigns, and creating and distributing E-newsletters to enhance the audience & patron experience and increase audience acquisition & retention.
The CC supports the Senior Marketing Officer and Murray Paterson Marketing Group (MPMG) as assigned, and works in partnership with the Development department, Patron Services Officer, and Education and Outreach Officer.
Partial remote work is available for this position and will continue as long as the current public health restrictions remain in place.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Website & Online Advertising
- Maintain VS website, including regular changes, additions, re-design to event pages, photo galleries, video galleries, calendar of events, forms etc. as needed, including working with contractors when changes are beyond VS staff expertise or capacity
- Execute online advertising, sales, and promotion as directed by MPMG (Facebook and Google Ads)
- Assist in tracking and managing digital budgets, ensuring total expenditures remain at or below projections
- Assess potential improvements to the patron online experience to increase website metric goals and visitor ease of use
Social Media & E-Mail Engagement
- Design email marketing campaigns, manage distribution, and maintain patron records
- In conjunction with senior staff, devise a social media content plan and calendar
- Manage and monitor the VS YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts and work with internal and external partners to develop and promote relevant content (Eg. photography, musician videos -VS vignettes, contesting, etc.)
- Organize the VS digital library of concert videos for sharing online in alignment with the rules as set out in the CFM’s Integrated Media Agreement for Canada
- Provide timely responses to customer feedback or issues on social media, including establishing acceptable resolutions where necessary
- Manage analytics, reporting and tracking of VS’s social media and email activity
- Work with VS musicians, guest artists, conductors, arts organizations and other Victoria based companies to share/promote content
Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design
- Provide in-house design and desktop publishing for social media and website assets, email marketing, and short-lead print projects including special event programs, program book advertising, newsletters, event signage, and promotional flyers
- Maintain established brand standards and work collaboratively with external creative and design agency
- Maintain VS presence on all industry and local event calendars
- Attend concerts and assist with duties as required
- Attend all staff and department meetings as required
- Other seasonal and special projects as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Arts Management, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working with social media
- Graphic design and video editing skills
- Strong analytical and market research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Motivated self-starter, pays attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and experience within the performing arts
- A positive attitude and resilience in the face of challenges
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some weekends, evenings, and holidays
The list of criteria above indicate the desired qualities in an ideal candidate, but there is room for training and flexibility within this role. Individuals with a passion for classical music and communications who may be lacking specific proficiencies are encouraged to apply.
This posting will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed, and interviews scheduled, as they are received. Only prospective candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; Canadian citizenship/permanent residency is required.
The Victoria Symphony hires based on merit and is committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applications from women, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
This is a six-month contract position, with the possibility of extension, with a pro-rated salary of $40,000 – $45,000.
The Victoria Symphony hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applications from women, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, but only prospective candidates will be contacted.