Splash 2017 Volunteer Application

Thank you for your interest in joining the Splash team.

If this is your first Splash or you missed last year, please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a volunteer for Victoria Symphony Splash on August 6, 2017. Did you volunteer at Splash 2016? Please respond to your “Save the Date” email to sign up.

See this page for a complete list of volunteer positions and their responsibilities.

Once your application is received you will be contacted by our volunteer coordinator Della Preston and arrangements will be made for a short interview. A criminal record check (available for free at your local police station) may be required for certain positions.

Volunteers will also be required to attend a volunteer orientation prior to Splash. These orientations dates are August 1 & 2.

* Minimum age to participate is 16 *

• Contact Information

• By signing up to be a volunteer, you agree to receive email communication regarding Victoria Symphony Splash. Please select any additional email lists you'd like to be added to.
  • Volunteer Shift Preferences

• Please select whenever you're available for Splash!
  • Please select your top three preferred volunteer assignments. See above for a link to a complete description of each position.
  • Please check all that apply.
  • Please indicate the size t-shirt you would prefer. We use generic unisex style cotton t-shirts.
  • A lot of work goes into this event before and after it happens! Please select any of the below times you're willing to help us outside of Splash.
  • Please check all that apply.
  • Please use this space to tell us anything about yourself you think is relevant to your application to be a #splash2017 volunteer or to name the friend who referred you to volunteer!
  • Photo Release, Email Consent and Confidentiality Agreement

• Submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Victoria Symphony volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering. By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate. I hereby give my permission for the Victoria Symphony Society to use photographs or video recordings of me and any related stories for any publicity purposes connected on Sunday, August 6, 2017 or at a later date. As a condition of volunteering with the Victoria Symphony Splash, I agree to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information, including personal information about employees and other volunteers, clients, customers, donors and organizational information, which I may obtain during the course of my volunteer services. I agree to receive emails regarding volunteering at Victoria Symphony Splash to the above submitted email address. If under the age of 18 I agree to submit a letter of consent signed by a parent/guardian prior to July 28, 2017.