Victoria Symphony Box Office Coordinator – 1 year contract – Maternity Leave
The Victoria Symphony (VS) is seeking a Full-time Box Office Coordinator to join its dynamic and hardworking team, operating the largest performing arts organization on Vancouver Island.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Box Office Coordinator will be the front line staff person liaising with customers handling all types of ticket sales and services to subscribers and single ticket buyers including sales, exchanges, refunds, upgrades, changing seating, complimentary tickets, etc.
The Box Office Coordinator is customer service focused, computer and database savvy and able to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail.
- Representing the Victoria Symphony to subscribers and single ticket buyers in a helpful, courteous, professional and customer-oriented manner
- Working with Marketing department to coordinate season subscription campaign and ticket mail out
- Accounting and reconciling all ticket sales in accordance with Victoria Symphony and venue partners’ rules and regulations, utilizing sound accounting practices
- Working with the box office managers at the Royal Theatre and University of Victoria Farquhar Auditorium to facilitate processes for patrons
- Preparing daily and weekly sales reports for all performances
- Providing reports required in conduct of Box Office business as well as in support of other departments (including Finance, Marketing and Development)
- Assisting with correspondence to guests, printing and mailing tickets, information, brochures, etc.
- Representing the Symphony at specified concerts to handle any ticketing issues that may arise at the performance. Being the liaison for volunteers (both merchandise and program distribution volunteers) at the concerts
- Training and supervising Box Office Staff
- Assisting Marketing and Development in coordinating ticketing request for media, sponsors, donors, etc.
- Tracking and ordering supplies for the Box Office
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Excellent customer services skills and ability to communicate with seniors and adults in regards to ticket sales and issues arising from concerts.
- Strong-computer based skills with working knowledge of Excel, Word and ticketing databases including Tessitura and Theatre Manager
- Ability to take charge of problems and solve them creatively
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and methods
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours in a fast paced, high stress atmosphere wherein on-the-spot decisions are required to accommodate constantly changing plans.
- Ability to work as a team
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours
- Knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume, including three professional references in confidence.
Estimated start date late November/early December
Attn: Director of Marketing ([email protected])
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, but only prospective candidates will be contacted.