Employment Opportunity: Community Relations Coordinator (one-year contract)
The Victoria Symphony Society is the largest performing arts organization on Vancouver Island with a mission “to enrich lives through the shared experiences of extraordinary music”. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to serve as our new Community Relations Coordinator. Reporting to the CEO, the duties of this exciting opportunity include the following:
- Oversight and responsibility for the organization and execution of all Education and Outreach Programs of the Victoria Symphony that include the Adopt a School program, vsYouth, Education Concerts, Musicians in Schools and Master Classes, Symphony Story Time, Take Note program, vsNew, Young Soloists, Open Rehearsals and Concerts for Kids.
- Assistance with the Symphony’s Sponsorship Program that includes renewals, proposals, contracts, and fulfillment; and in addition play a leadership role in soliciting and securing sponsors for the annual Victoria Symphony Splash event.
- Manager of the Volunteer program which includes a core of 150 volunteers and requires scheduling for all volunteer positions and recruitment/ training of volunteers.
- Coordinator of Merchandise and Raffle which requires working with the volunteers and tracking of all merchandise and inventory, and raffle preparation, packaging and reconciliation.
- Coordinator of the Symphony Splash Family Zone.
- Assistance at Symphony events as needed including some concert duties.
- Assistance with strategic grant writing opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines are essential
- Ability to liaise and build successful relations with community and strategic partners
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently; a self-starter who is mature, responsible and reliable
- Experience in the not for profit sector
- Background in arts administration an asset
- Experience in securing sponsorships an asset
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively within a small organization; a team player
- Must have a college diploma or university degree; a BMusEd or BEd considered an asset
- Ability to track and run a basic budget with appropriate reconciliation
Individuals interested in this exciting opportunity should send a cover letter and resume, including the names of three references, in confidence to Kathryn Laurin, CEO of the Victoria Symphony at [email protected] by Friday April 28th. Only prospective candidates will be contacted.